Thursday, August 19, 2010

Official Visit from the Tooth Fairy

My oldest daughter is now at the age where she is starting to lose her baby teeth. She has lost two already, so I am a little late with this project, but it is now done and ready for her when she loses her next one!

I embellished this little tin box for her to use when she looses her teeth. I used the new Tooth Fairy stamp for this project. Here is a shot of the box.



I covered the top, bottom, and sides with Blushing Bride Designer Paper from the Hostess Level 1 paper pack. Next I used the narrow taffeta ribbon in Whisper White to create a cute little bow around the box. I stamped the Tooth Fairy stamp on Whisper White card stock and then colored her in with my markers. I then added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to it. I punched it out and layered on a punched out large scalloped circle in Blushing Bride card stock.

For the inside, I lined both the top and bottom of the box with Blushing Bride card stock. I then punched out a piece of the Blushing Bride Designer Paper with the Petal Card punch, assembled it, and then attached it to the bottom of the box with a dimensional. This little envelope is where the tooth will go.

Next I used the Scallop Envelope die to cut out a little envelope that the Tooth Fairy can use to put the money in. I added another punch out of the Tooth Fairy stamp to the envelope as well.

On the other side of the envelope I used Aimee's name stamp to stamp her name and label the envelope.

The envelope fits right inside the box!


Here is the completed project!

Ingredients:

  • Tooth Fairy Stamp Set
  • Blushing Bride and Whisper White card stock
  • Designer Series Paper Pack - In Color (Hostess Level 1)
  • Jet Black Staz-on Ink
  • Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Blush Blossom, and Bashful Blue markers
  • 2 Way Glue Pen
  • Dazzling Diamonds glitter
  • Whisper White 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon
  • 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Extra-Large punch
  • 1-3/4" Circle Extra-Large punch
  • Petal Card Extra-Large Double punch
  • Word Window punch
  • Modern Label punch
  • Corner Rounder punch
  • Big Shot
  • Scallop Envelope die
  • Glue Dots
  • Stampin' Dimensionals

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! I am going to do this for my little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute art work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tooth fairy case is so cute! I bet your child likes it as much as I do. Maybe next time, after my child's dental procedure with a sedation dentist (Raleigh area), I will also make a tooth fairy case for her.

    Thanks for the wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is just the cutest thing I've ever seen! It's a great alternative to the pillow.. This could easily be adapted for little boys too. I hope it's okay, I just couldn't help but feature your cute toothfairy tin on a paper crafts round-up I just finished. You can see it here:

    http://jamiebrock.hubpages.com/hub/15-Easy-and-Fun-Paper-Crafts-using-Patterned-Papers

    Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jamie! I appreciate you posting this on your site!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete