Friday, February 4, 2011

Sew Suite Birds

So continuing on the theme of the past few days, I have some more projects using the Sew Suite products from the Occasions Mini Catalog. These project are all about the Sweet Stitches Designer Fabric. A while back, I saw a pattern that Gretchen Baron posted out on her blog for making birds out of paper. I thought, why couldn't I use the same pattern for make these guys out of fabric instead? Well, it worked (with a little alterations)! Her pattern didn't have wings, but after making the bodies I decided that these guys needed wings, so I made wings for my birds. If you are interested, here is her tutorial.

Here is the first one using the fabric with the button design. I added some buttons for the eyes (which I sewed on using embroidery thread) and some Daffodil Delight ribbon around his neck.

I ended up giving this one to my younger daughterAllison. After seeing me make the first bird, my older daughter Aimee wanted one so she picked out the fabric with the little girl on it. She stuffed the bird herself and wanted pink ribbon around his neck so I used some retired Regal Rose ribbon.

Here is a shot of both of these birdies! This were super easy and fun to make! Love it!

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment