Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Digital Studio Hybrid Calendar

Hi everyone. Today I would like to share with you this hybrid calendar I made with My Digital Studio. The digital elements used to make this were given free at convention this year to those attending the MDS hybrid class that was offered. The templates came ready to go. All I did was have the calender printed, spiral bound, and sent to me through Stampin' Up!s professional printing services. Once the calendar arrived at my door, that is when the fun began! I added a bunch of hybrid elements to this to make it a little more fun. :)

First, here is the cover. I punched out the flowers out of Cherry Cobbler card stock with my Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch. I distressed them a bit by crumpling them up, then stuck them together and added a coordinating button! Then I simply attached my flower to the cover page. Done!

I actually made this a while ago, back in July actually. Since I wanted to use my calender right away, and not wait until January, I started with August. Easy to do when you are creating digitally! You can make it any way you want! For the August page, I simply cut out a few different sized butterflies with my Beautiful Wings embosslit die and Cherry Cobbler card stock and then just layered them on the printed butterflies to add a little texture and dimension. They are kind of hard to see in the photo, but they are on the first, third, and forth butterfly on the top row and the second butterfly on the second row.

Here is September's page. There are actually no hybrid elements on this page. It was fine just the way it was! :)

Here is October's page. Again, there are no hybrid elements on this page either.

Next, here is November's page. This page is one of my favorites. For this one I simply punched out a flower with my Boho Blossoms punch and Pool Party card stock. I punched out a tiny flower with my Itty Bitty Punch Shapes punch and More Mustard card stock. I distressed the flowers and then adhered them together. I then added a Basic Pearl to the center and then adhered the whole thing to the page.

Here is December's page. For this one I simply added Basic Rhinestones to the center of all the green ornaments.

January's page is similar in that I simply added Basic Rhinestones to the centers of the blue snowflakes.

Here is February's page. For this one I punched hearts out of Silver Glimmer paper using my Small Heart punch. I then just layered those on top of the printed hearts.

Here is March's page. There are actually no hybrid elements on this page.

Here is April's page. For this one I simply added some Basic Pearls to the flower that is above the P and R.

For May's page I embellished the various flowers with punches and rhinestones.

June's page does not have any hybrid elements.

July's page doesn't have any hybrid elements either and is actually the last page of my calender. I love how this calendar turned out! It is proof that it is easy to create something digitally, but still give it that handmade flair quickly and easily!

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment