Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Album

Today I wanted to share with you the Christmas album I made. I CASEd this right out of the catalog! This is a 6x6 album. I always hear that our scrapbook albums are too plain. I always tell people that they are plain for a reason - they are a blank canvas just waiting to be decorated! I am determined to scrapbook my pictures from Christmas this year, and I hoping that having this album all decorated and ready to go will inspire me! :) Plus, since it is a 6x6 album, it is not too overwhelming and it is meant to be a small project. Another bonus - the 6x6 scrapbook pages we made during my Christmas card class fit right in here. That is two pages already done! :)

To create this, I started with one of our 6x6 linen albums. I then used the scallop rectangle from the On Board Merry Melody pack as a template to trace a bigger scallop square on Old Olive card stock. I then hand cut it out. I then took piece of window sheet and applied the Letters to Santa Decor Elements (I got 2 packs of these - one in Old Olive and one in Real Red to create the multicolored look). I used the Merry & Type stamp set to stamp the ornaments on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with black ink which I adhered behind the window sheet using Dimensionals. I then measured out the space I would need to cut out of the center of the scalloped square and cut that out and adhered the window sheet to that. I then adhered the whole thing to the album itself using Dimensionals. I then added the ribbon and tag the album - again using the Merry & Type set as well as the Calendar Alphabet set. Cut out a snowflake with my Big Shot and added a Trinket Key, tied everything together and done! :) Here is a close up shot of the tag:

Now - I just need to print out some pictures and start scrapbooking! :)

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment