Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy October 1st!

Today is October 1st. Do you know what that means? Only 31 more days until Halloween! Yippee! :) As you know, I love Halloween time. This year, I decided to make a Halloween countdown calendar. I am surprised I haven't thought of this before. I actually saw something similar in a magazine and decided to make my own using Stampin' Up! products.

For this, I used the Pick Your Poison Designer Series Paper. I adhered a sheet of the DSP to a piece of cardboard (this piece happened to be the backing for a package of our Specialty Paper). Then I punched out 31 of the scallop pennants in the First Edition paper and then used various other designs from the Pick Your Poison paper for the inside of the pennants. I then used my Calender Alphabet and Numbers set to stamp all the dates and punched them out. I cut 3 pieces of white bakers twine to stretch across the board and attached them using black glimmer brads. I then attached each pennant to the bakers twine using a mini clothes in. The 31st pennant needed a special spot on the calendar, so I added one of the Pick Your Poison Quick Accents to highlight the spot and then stuck the mini clothes pin to it using a glue dot. I then stuck a little bow made of the bakers twine to the mini clothes pin with another glue dot. So, starting today, all the pennants come off and we start adding them back on one by one until Halloween!

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment