Monday, September 14, 2009

September Demonstrator Swap

We had our monthly demonstrator swap over the weekend. This month Lenore challenged us to make a card using the Ghosting technique and at least one In Color. Here is what I came up with for my card:


I used the Beware Pirates set (one of my new favorite sets!). I also finally tried out the new Wood Sheets. And can I say they are awesome? Because they are! They are thin enough that I was able to cut them with my regular paper cutter as well as punch them with my punches! Then I just sponged a little Soft Suede ink around the edges, and ta-da! Awesome. :) Here are the ingredients for this card:
  • Beware Pirates stamp set
  • Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, and Whisper White card stock
  • Glossy card stock
  • VersaMark Ink
  • Soft Suede Classic Ink
  • Jet Black StazOn Ink
  • Brayer
  • Vintage Brads
  • Wood Sheets
  • Wide Oval Punch
  • Hemp Twine
  • Paper Piercer
  • Sponge
  • Stampin' Dimensionals

Next, here is Lenore's card. Turns out she ended up using pretty much the same colors as I did. :)


And here is Kim's card. Isn't it cute? I love the butterflies!


Alas, Merrigrace's card is missing again this month. MG - where are you? :) I will post her card when I get it.
Want to join in on the fun? Join my team and you can participate in our monthly swaps as well!

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!



5 comments:

  1. What great cards! I like the wood paper and the treatment you gave the edge of the skull & crossbones. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Jennifer! Love that technique! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards! I am lovin' your pirate card with it's vintage, old world feel to it! Looks like you all had lots of fun making them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards as always. I think everyone did a nice job!!

    ReplyDelete