Friday, November 13, 2009

Thanksgiving Frame

Remember the Halloween frame that I made using the Spooky Brocade Decor Element? Well, now that Halloween is over, I wanted to swap this picture for a Thanksgiving one. So I got the small Season of Thanks Decor Element in Chocolate Chip. This Decor Element actually comes with three sentiments (see below), however, since they would not all fit in my frame, I picked one and cut it out, along with the florish, to use for this project. To make this, I simply, rubbed the Decor Element onto a 8 x 10 sheet of the Autumn Traditions Designer Series Paper. Next, I added two more strips of Designer Series Paper from the same pack (different designs). On the bottom one I used my Scallop Edge punch and on the top one I use my cutter kit to distress the edge fo the paper. Next I chose 2 buttons out of my Fresh Favorites II button set , tied some linen thread through them, and adhered them with a glue dot. And there you have it! Super easy project!

Next, I simply slipped it into my frame and hung in on the wall!

This is a great way to use the seasonal Decor Elements, as they will only be displayed for a short period of time. By doing it this way, I will be able to display my project year after year!


To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!


2 comments:

  1. How nice Jennifer! You show the Decor Elements very well gf...tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, to put it in a picture frame!!

    ReplyDelete