Sunday, October 11, 2009

Halloween Frame

Today I have an awesome way to use Stampin' Up!s Decor Elements to show you. Decor Elements are our vinyl wall clings. And I admit I haven't really used them much. However, I saw another demonstrator use them on paper and fell in love! Since they are pretty much like a giant rub-on, why not use them on paper? So, I saw this project posted here, and had to make one myself! (She has a video tutorial posted as well, so you can see exactly how this is done.)


To make this, I simply cut a piece of the Cast-a-Spell Designer Series Paper (DSP) to 8"x10". Then I took the small Spooky Brocade decor element and cut out the bat from the center. I applied the bat to a piece of Perfect Plum card stock and cut it out. Then I attached that to a piece of Old Olive cardstock and cut it out. Next I applied the rest of the Decor Element to my paper, trying my best to center it on the page. I then stuck the bat back in the middle using Stampin' Dimensionals. At the bottom I adhered a piece of Basic Black card stock and a small strip of one of the other designs of the Cast-a-Spell DSP. I distressed both pieces and sponged black ink on the DSP. I then took the Oct 31 from the Spooky Treats rub-ons set and applied that to Old Olive card stock and punched it out using my Wide Oval punch. I then cut out the flourishes from the Spooky Treats rub-ons as well and applied those directly to my base paper. Then I stuck on my Oct 31 piece using Stampin' Dimensionals. Lastly, I added a few black brads at the bottom.

Now, because I wanted to use this a Halloween decoration, I framed it in an 8x10 frame and hung it on the wall. What do you think?


The great thing about this project is that I can swap out the picture for each season! If I were to just apply the Decor Elements directly to my wall, I would have had to remove it after the holiday and wouldn't have been able to reuse it. So, I plan on creating another page for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas. This was so easy to do, everyone must try it!

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!


7 comments:

  1. How clever! This looks great! And love the idea of swapping out for the seasons! Wonderful job! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a really great idea. We are working on redoing most of the rooms in our house and to keep costs as low as possible, I have been looking for ideas of things I can make myself. I really like your idea of the picture you can change out with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool!!! Love that design :)
    So glad you started using these!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to use the Decor Elements Jennifer!! I haven't used any either but how you've made this gorgeous frame really makes me want to use the ones I have! Awesome job & tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I love the idea of framing it and then switching it out, how clever. :)

    ReplyDelete