Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cards From October Technique Class

I held my monthly technique class over the weekend. This month was focused on Halloween. First, this is the same little treat box that I did for Ellen's workshop. I knew I wanted to do a treat box for my class as well, so I decided to kill too birds with one stone on this one.



Ingredients

  • Twick or Tweet stamp set
  • Old Olive, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, and Basic Black card stock
  • Cast a Spell Designer Series Paper
  • Basic Black, Basic Grey, and Pumpkin Pie ink
  • Blender Pens
  • Word Window, 1 1/4" Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, and Scallop Circle punches
  • Old Olive Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Crop-o-dile
  • Stampin' Dimensionals

This next card was focused around using rub-ons. For this we used the Spooky Treats rub ons. Notice how the Oct. 31st rub on fits right nicely in the center of the tombstone from the Graveyard Gala set? It totally covers the "Date, Time, Place" portion of the stamp with no masking required. Pretty cool, huh? So you don't have to use the stamp for just invitations! The other cool thing, is the that Oct. 31st rub on coordinates perfectly with the Wide Oval punch!


Ingredients
  • Graveyard Gala stamp set
  • Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Basic Grey card stock
  • Cast a Spell Designer Series Paper
  • Spooky Treats rub ons
  • Basic Black ink
  • Sponge
  • Stampin' Dimensionals
Next we did a pop-up card using the new Pumpkin Patch stamp set from the Holiday Mini catalog. Here is the front of the card:


And here is the inside:


Ingredients
  • Pumpkin Patch stamp set
  • Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Whisper White card stock
  • Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Basic Black ink
  • Basic Black 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
  • 1 1/4" Circle punch
  • Stampin' Dimensionals

And last, but not least we did a little card using the new Treat Cups and coordinating Sweet Centers stamp set. For this card, I used the slider door technique I found posted here. This allows the recipient of the card to get the treats out without tearing the card apart! Very cool!



I added a little something extra to the tutorial. I added the "Eek" piece on the inside of the card so that when the cup is empty, you can see the image though it.


6 comments:

  1. What a terrific set of Halloween goodies. That little pumpkin pop-up is such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer - these are TERRIFIC!!! Love the treat card and I love the green and orange layers on the second card too! Beautiful work :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. you all were busy! love them - favs for me are the treat card and that pumpkin pop-up! what delights they all are...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Wonderful ideas! I love love Halloween and all the super cool cards and other projects that I am finding on all these blogs. I guess it's my turn now - hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome projects Jennifer! I love that slider Halloween one....we're doing that one on Monday too! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific projects Jennifer! Love that Halloween sweet treats card - it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete