Sunday, January 23, 2011

Daisy Investiture Invites

Today my Daisy Troop have their Investiture Ceremony. When a girl first joins Girl Scouts, they are "Invested" during the ceremony, meaning that they accept the Girl Scout law and everything it stands for. It is a quick little ceremony, but an important one. Since families are invited, at our last troop meeting we made invitations for the girls to take home. Here is pic of the sample one I made for the girls to follow:

I used Pacific Point card stock (the Daisy Girl Scout color). Next I cut out the two smallest flowers from the Flower Folds die using Whisper White card stock. I layered these and placed one of the buttons from the Sweet Stitches Big Designer Buttons pack in the center. I printed out the "You're Invited" sentiment on the computer and punched it out using the oval punch and layered it on a scallop oval punched out of Daffodil Delight card stock. The inside of the card has all the details for the ceremony.

Before our troop meeting I pre-cut all the pieces so all the girls had to do was assemble their cards. I let them pick out their own buttons so they could choose from any of the 4 colors that come in the pack. Here is Aimee's invite:

Too cute! The girls really enjoyed making them and are excited for their ceremony today!

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment