Monday, August 3, 2009

Cards From Yesterday's Technique Class

Yesterday I held my monthly technique class. Here are the cards that we did this month.

First, is this card using the Emboss Resist Technique. I was inspired by this card here. I stamped the solid butterfly from the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set in Versamark Ink and stamped it all over the Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Paper. Then I embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next I used my brayer to cover the paper with Rich Razzleberry ink. Then I simply wiped the ink off the embossed butterflies with a Klennex. Super easy! I also used my new Butterfly punch on this one. Love it!


For this card I used the Masking technique. For this one I was inspired by one of the cards here. I first stamped the elephant stamp from the Animal Stories stamp set on a post it note and cut it out. I then placed the post it note elephant on my white cardstock where I wanted him to be. Then I stamped the giraffe image. I removed the post it elephant and used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the elephant on the white cardstock, making sure to fit him into the empty spots of the giraffe which were left by the mask. Now it appears that the elephant is standing in from the the giraffe!

This next card uses the Reinker Spread technique. I was inspired by this card here. To achieve this cool watercolor look, I simply stamped the rose image from the Fifth Ave Floral stamp set on Shimmery White cardstock using Whisper White craft ink. Then I embossed it clear embossing powder. Next I spayed the image with water until pools of water developed in the grooves. I then used an Aquapainter to dip into drops of classic reinker and just "touched" the tip of the Aquapainter/ink to each section of the rose. I used Pretty in Pink, Cameo Coral and Summer Sun. I then let the water dry, cut out the image and mounted it on the card.


Last but not least we have this card using the Poppin' Pastels technique. I was inspired by this card here for this one. I first stamped the peacock image in Versamark ink then sponged on 3 different colors of chalk using a sponge dauber.


To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Jennifer! I think I'll have to go and try the butterfly one myself! Have a great time at convention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really showed off some fun techniques! I really love your reinker technique on the rose--gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun mix of techniques!! Each resulting in a gorgeous card!!! Such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great cards. the peacock is my fav.

    ReplyDelete