Thursday, August 13, 2009

Convention Wrap Up

Well, I am finally getting a chance to post about convention! There is so much to tell you about that this is going to be a very long post! First, here is a pic of me and Merrigrace in front of the Stampin' Up! rock at the headquarters. The first thing we did when we got to Utah (after eating lunch of course) was go take a tour of the home office. It was really cool to see where all the magic happens!


Here is a shot of the front door and the second picture is what greeted us when we walked in the front door.

Convention officially started on Thursday. Here is a shot of the main stage. The second is a picture of Shelli (our fearless leader!) when she came onstage to welcome us.


We spent 3 days of learning, creating, and having fun. I have come back home with so many new ideas that I can't wait to share with all of you. Now lets take a look at some of the goodies I came home from convention with. First, this is the gift my Up-Upline Julie made for all of us.


Isn't it cute?! She basically just cut down a brown lunch bag and then decorated it. Inside was our convention survival kit! Candy, gum, pen, paper, and snacks. Very cute!

Next here is the little gift Merrigrace made for each of us. Cute, cute!


Kim participated in a 3D swap where she was to send in just one copy of her project and the swap organizer put together a CD of all the projects and sent them back. Kim was kind enough to make copies for all us and gave them to us in these cute little CD holders she put together!



As part of convention, we were given 4 stamp sets and one wheel stamp in our convention bags. The stamps are what we used to do our Make & Take projects one of the days. They gave us so many Make & Take projects that we didn't even have to make them all! So today I will just share with you the ones that I completed. The rest I brought home to complete later. When I get a chance to complete them, I will post them here for you.

First we did these cute Christmas projects. The two scallop tags can be used as tags for gifts. The other two tags can also be used as gift tags. The sample at convention actually had the tag wrapped around some candy canes, which was super cute!

Next, here is one of the cards that we made with one of our new stamp sets. Isn't it super cute?!

One of the big things to do at convention is swap cards with all the other demos. I took 80+ cards to swap and here is what I got in return! There are so many awesome ideas here!




Since Stampin' Up! has partnered with Build-a-Bear Workshop and is coming out with a whole line of Build-A-Bear products in the Holiday Mini Catalog (see my previous post) they surprised us with a special Stampin' Up! Build-A-Bear that we were able to purchase! Luckily I was able to get two of them to bring home to my girls (thanks MG!). Isn't she so cute?

Not only is she dressed for stampin', but she came with a stamp as well! Check it out, it says - Life without stamps.....Unbearable! Isn't that the truth! Ha ha.


Lastly, they also had a table set up where we could make our own bears using the new Big Shot dies. I made both a boy and a girl one. So much fun!


For my last bit of convention news, I unfortunately do not have a picture. On the plane ride home we had Val Kilmer on our flight! Yes, it is true. He sat just two rows up from us. Nobody was brave enough to ask for a picture but having him there sure ended our convention experience on a high note! And it is good to see that even movie stars fly on Southwest Airlines! Ha ha.

Well, that is my convention report in a nutshell. Trust me, there was much, much more that I just don't have the time to tell you about! It was so much fun and I can't wait until next year! If you like what you see here, how about joining me for convention next year? You can take advantage of the awesome $85 starter kit deal that is only available until the end of August and become a demonstrator yourself! It is a great way to make a little extra money and not to mention get a discount on your own purchases! Plus you get all the awesome benefits like getting exclusive products and attending events like convention! If you think this is something that you might be interested in or to get more information, please don't hesitate to contact me! I will be happy to help you out and would love to have to attend convention with us next year!

9 comments:

  1. Wow!~ Looks like you had a wonderful time! Lots of great cards and projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fabulous time with lots of great goodies to take home. The cards you received look pretty outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy! Looks like a great time and great goodies shared! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post - I love reading about convention experiences and it sounds as though you had a blast. Great M&Ts and those swaps look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Look at the stash of inspiration you got! And how cool that Build a bear is joining in! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time. I adore the bear paw stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lot of fun! And all those goodies what a lucky gal you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful time! Love the bear :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great time! Love the stamper bear!

    ReplyDelete