Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Cheer Magnetic Advent Calendar

Happy first day of December everyone! Wow, I can't believe that it is December already! Yikes! Well, with the start of December comes the start of the traditional Advent Calendar. This year, I made an Advent calendar out of the extra pieces I had left over from my Christmas Cheer card class.

The Christmas Cheer Simply Scrappin' Kit (which is what we used for the card class) comes with number stickers that were perfect for this project. First, I stuck all the stickers to coordinating pieces of card stock and them punched them out with my 1-1/4" circle punch. Next I punch another color of card stock with my 1-3/8" circle punch. And then lastly I punched another piece of card stock with my scallop circle punch. I layered these all together and then cut I piece of magnet sheet and adhered that to back of each number.

I took a piece of the think card board that comes with our Speciality Designer Paper and used that as my base for this project. I simply adhered a piece of Whisper White textured 12x12 card stock to the cardboard. I then cut 2x2 squares of the Designer Paper from the kit and made 24 spots for my numbers. On the backside of the Designer Paper I placed another piece of magnet sheet. Lastly, I decorated the rest of the calender by cutting out "christmas" with my Big Shot, using some more of the leftover stickers from the kit, and attaching the ribbon.

By using the magnet sheet, each number can easily be added to the calendar every day, and can be used year after year!



One last note - I would like to thank my Hubby for being such a wonder wonderful hand model for these pictures! :)


To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment