Thursday, December 2, 2010

Daisy Girl Scout Kaper Chart

As some of you may know, one my many jobs is being my daughter's Daisy Girl Scout troop leader. I was a Girl Scout for many years when I was younger, but this is my first stab at being a leader! One of the tools that leaders use during a troop meeting is called a Kaper Chart. The Kaper Chart has different jobs on it that girls take turns doing at each meeting. So, when I needed to make a chart for the troop, I simply pulled out my Stampin' Up! supplies and this is what I came up with! The girls loved it by the way. :)

First I used my Build-a-Bear dies to cut a full bear for the top of the chart. I cut her dress out of Pacific Point card stock and let me tell you, it looks just like a Daisy tunic! I covered a piece of card board with Very Vanilla Textured card stock and used my Big Shot to cut out the letters. I used my Rough Type stamp set (retired) to stamp each Kaper (or job). Since my girls are still young, I only made them 4 Kapers. :)

I next cut out just the heads of the bear to create tags with each girls name on it. On the back I adhered a piece of magnet sheet.

Prior to adhering the Very Vanilla card stock to the card board base, I adhered a piece of magnet strip to the back where I wanted to be able to stick the name tag. I also cut out a portion of the Fancy Favor box with my big shot and trimmed it so that I could create a little pocket out of it to hold all the tags. I cut out another bear head for attach to the pocket. I finished it off by adding the Pacific Point ribbon so that we could hang it up at each meeting.

This is what our finished Kaper Chart looks like! This is a lot of fun to use at every meeting!


To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment