Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I hope everyone had a good Father's day yesterday with their Dads, Husbands, significant others, etc.! We took my husband to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and had a really good time. Today I thought I would share with you the creations that my huband got for his Father's day. First, my 4 year old daughter Aimee painted this wooden frame for Daddy and picked out a picture of her and her sister to go in it. To make it extra special, I got one of those little voice recorders (one of the ones that are meant for scrapbooking) and had Aimee record a little Father's Day message. I stuck the recorder to the back of the frame with a glue dot.

Next, here is the card Allison (my 9 month old) and I made for daddy. I stamped her hand in Versamark Ink and then embossed it wih clear embossing powder. As you can imagine, 9 month olds are that cooperative with this kind of thing, so as you can see the hand print is not perfect (no her thumb is not really that big!) :) Then I stamped Daddy with the new Jumble Alphabet set.

Here is the card Aimee made for daddy. I let her pick out a baseball image from my baseball Cricut cartridge and we cut it out. She picked the colors and pasted everything together. Inside she wrote her own message as well. Again, I wanted to make these extra special, so I bought some of the cards where you can record your own message (they were Christmas cards that I found for really cheap!) and removed the recording device and added it these cards and had each of the girls record a message - I actually got Allison to say DA DA in hers! Needless to say, he loved them!


Lastly, here is the card I made and gave to him. No recording device for me on this one, since I can actually write my message. ;)


To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

4 comments:

  1. What great cards....I especially like that little hand...what a cleaver idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet set of cards (and gift) for Father's Day. What a great idea to put the little recording on the back of the frame and in your daughter's card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute cards!!! I'm sure there daddy loved them..what a nice mom!! TFS!!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww!! I love the frame!! And cards!! :)

    ReplyDelete