Friday, October 29, 2010

First Daisy Meeting Projects

I recently volunteered to be my daughter Aimee's Daisy Girl Scout troop leader. This week was our first troop meeting. Since all the girls are not only new to scouting, they were also meeting each other, and me, for the first time, I thought that one of the first things that I should do with them was have them make name tags so that we could all get to know each other. I pre-cut some scallop squares out of Pacific Point card stock (the perfect Daisy blue!) using the new Scallop Squares Duo die from the Holiday Mini Catalog. I pre-cut a small piece of Whisper White, Butterflies, and some daisies. Once the girls arrived I had them write their names on the piece of white and then decorate their name tags. I used some retired Pacific Point ribbon that I had on hand to finish off the tags so they could wear them around their necks. Here is a picture of mine and Aimee's tags.

I meant to take a picture of the girls as they were making their tags, but got so busy helping them that I totally forgot!

One of the first things girls learn in Girl Scouting is how to recite the Girl Scout Promise. To help my girls learn it, I printed out a bookmark with the promise printed on it on Whisper White card stock. I then mounted that on a piece of Pacific Point card stock. I then had the girls color their bookmarks with crayons and had them take them home so that they could practice saying the promise. Here is a picture of Aimee's bookmark.

I am looking forward to being able to do lots of fun crafts with my troop. I have a great bunch of girls I think it is going to be a fun year. Next up - to think of a fun Thanksgiving project we can do at our next meeting. :)

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!


2 comments:

  1. Love the name tag and bookmark idea. Did you make the bookmark?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the bookmark on line and then just printed it out for the girls to color.

    ReplyDelete