Sunday, April 26, 2009

April Swap Card - Rock Star!

Today is our April demo swap. This month it was my turn to chose the theme. I decided to go with using any of the current hostess sets, and as an added challenge, to use the hostess level 1 Pattern Pack paper. So here is my card. I have to admit, when I was browsing the gallery on Splitcoast for inspiration, I ran across a card that I really liked, so I ended up pretty much CASEing it. The other card can be seen here. I ended up changing a few things - I added a Kiwi Kiss layer between the base of the card and the Designer Paper, I used the plain Basic Grey Designer Paper from the Pattern Pack across the middle of the card (I ran it through my Big Shot with the Distressed texture plate first), I added Crystal Effects to the Rock Star star, and used one less corduroy button. But other than that, it is the same! ;0) What I like about this card is that it has lots of texture - between the specialty paper, the corduroy buttons, the embossing, and the crystal effects - this card just begs to be touched! Anyway, hope the other gals like it. Can't wait to see what they came up with. I will post everyone else's cards later for you to see!


Ingredients:
  • A Little Somethin' stamp set (Hostess Level 2)
  • Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White card stock
  • Rockabilly Specialty Designer Series Paper
  • Patterns Pack II Designer Series Paper (Hostess Level 1)
  • Riding Hood Red ink
  • Large Star and Star punches
  • Kiwi Kiss Corduroy Buttons
  • Crystal Effects
  • Texture Plates Kit #4 and Big Shot
  • Stampin' Dimensionals

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!


1 comment:

  1. The card looks great and I totally get what you say about the texture - really adds something to the card.

    ReplyDelete