Monday, April 6, 2009

Cards from Yesterday's Technique Class

Hi everyone. I wanted to share with you the cards I had my gals do in my technique class yesterday. First up, I showed my gals how to distress embossed images.

For this card I was inspired by this card here. I changed up the ribbon to use the new satin ribbon in the Occasions Mini catalog and used the Urban Oasis designer series paper, but the idea is the same. To do this, all you need to do is lightly sand the ridges of your embossing image with a sanding block. Super easy! Don't you just love the new Manhattan Flower Impressions Die?

Ingredients:
  • Oval All stamp set
  • Large Oval and Scallop Oval punches
  • Whisper White and Baja Breeze card stock
  • Urban Oasis Designer Series Paper
  • Basic Grey and Baja Breeze ink
  • Manhattan Flower Textured Impressions Die and Big Shot
  • Whisper White 5/8" Satin Ribbon
  • Sanding Block
  • Stampin Dimensionals

Next I showed how to do paper piecing and created a cute Easter card:

Ingredients:
  • A Good Egg stamp set
  • Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, and Kiwi Kiss card stock
  • Chocolate Chip ink
  • So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie markers
  • Pink Pirouette stripped grosgrain ribbon
  • Soft Subtles brads
  • Word Window Punch
  • Texture Plates and Big Shot
  • Stampin' Dimensionals

Next we did a hidden message hinge card:


Ingredients:
  • An Egg-Cellent Easter stamp set
  • Egg Hunt wheel
  • Wheel Guide
  • Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, and Very Vanilla card stock
  • Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon
  • Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, and Close to Cocoa ink
  • Scallop Edge Punch
  • Soft Subtles brads
  • Blender Pen
  • Stampin' Dimensionals

Lastly, we made a little Easter treat box using the Box #2 die for the Big Shot and filled with candy eggs!

Ingredients:
  • Matchbox Messages stamp set
  • Kraft, Whisper White, and Cameo Coral card stock
  • A Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper
  • Box #2 Die and Big Shot
  • Medium Window Sheets
  • Wide Oval, 3/8" Circle, Scallop Circle Punch, and Slot punch
  • Cameo Coral Ink
  • Flower Assortment Designer Brads
  • Whisper White grosgrain ribbon
  • Sticky Strip
  • Stampin' Dimensionals


To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects Jennifer! I love them all...very nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what great cards love the 5th avenue card! gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hinged card!!! I am definitely going to have to try one of those myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful projects! I really like the distressed background - great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun class for your customers - great projects. Kim (stampinscrapnewbie)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome projects, love all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great workshop this must have been. I like the paper pieced chick the best. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm sure the ladies at your class loved your projects. They are wonderful!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards to teach. I really like the split front one....may have to steal that idea! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, lovely colours and papers.

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete