Friday, April 10, 2009

Birthday Card

Today I wanted to share with you a birthday card I made for my husband's grandmother. Her birthday is tomorrow. I liked this card so much much that I ended up making another one that I plan to give to my brother's long time girlfriend whose birthday is at the end of this month. :) For this I actually gave my Stampin' Up! stamps a little break and used some of my new Papertrey Ink stamps. I was inspired by some of Dawn McVey's cards. Of course, hers look much more awesome than mine! All the details are below.


Ingredients:
  • Wishing You stamp set (Papertrey Ink)
  • Hand Written Notes stamp set (Papertrey Ink)
  • Real Red, Old Olive, and Whisper White card stock
  • Real Red, Old Olive, and Basic Black ink
  • Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon
  • Eyelet Border punch

7 comments:

  1. love this gorgeous card, and love the inside as well, you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the card, and I love papertrey also. Great blog, enjoyed viewing it
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colors on this card are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card gf....the colors & layout are very nice! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice use of color!

    ReplyDelete