Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cards from September Technique Class

Hi everyone! Today I would like to share with you the cards that we did at my September technique class. With the release of Stampin' Up! new Designer Fabric in the Holiday Mini Catalog, I knew that I wanted to incorporate fabric in one of my projects this month. I modeled this card after one I saw on Stampin' Connection. We first adhered the fabric to one of the new adhesive sheets and then ran it through the Big Shot with the new Tasteful Trims die. Then we had a "fabric sticker" that we simply stuck to the card!

For this next card, I was inspired by my up-upline Julie (again!). I showed everyone how to create this awesome background inking up an embossing folder with a brayer and then embossing the card stock with the Big Shot.

For this next card, I was inspired by a card from Angela Timms's blog. For this class I knew I wanted to incorporate a Halloween card to show off some of the awesome new Halloween items in the Holiday Mini Catalog (and because I love Halloween!). I also have been wanting to do the gathered ribbon technique, so I changed up Angela's card a little bit and this is what I came up with! We used the new Spider Web embossing folder on the background and then sprayed it with Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol. It is very shimmery in real life!

And last but not least, we make a cute magnetic owl bookmark using the Two Tags die, new Magnetic Sheets, and the Owl Punch.


Check out how cute the bookmark is in the catalog! :)

And, because it is magnetic, it won't slip off!

Interested in attending my next class? It is currently scheduled for October 3rd! Contact me for all the details!

2 comments: