Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'm (wishing I was) going to Walt Disney World!

Every year Stampin' Up! offers an incentive trip to demonstrators who meet certain qualifications, which include sales and downline promotions. For 2012 the incentive trip is going to be to Walt Disney World! Those of you that know me, know that I would KILL to go on that trip! Stampin' Up! and Disney World together? That is a dream come true! But alas, earning the trip is most likely not in my future, however when I saw a contest that Stampin' Up! announced to make a Disney inspired project, I jumped at the opportunity. The prize wasn't a trip to Disney World, but instead a free stamp set, which is nothing to shake a stick at! So, at my earliest opportunity, I created my entry in the contest. On Monday I went to enter it into the contest only to see that the contest ended 5 days earlier! As usual, I was a day late and a dollar short. Needless to say I was heartbroken! Anyway, even if I didn't win the contest (or even get to participate), I still love the way my project turned out. Check it out!

This is the villain Maleficent (in dragon form) from the movie Sleeping Beauty. I freehand cut her out of a piece of 12 x 12 Basic Black card stock Her legs are cut out separately to make her 3 dimensional. I cut her wings, underbelly, and gills out of So Saffron card stock. For the wings and the gills, I used a Basic Black marker to outline them and create the web appearance. I then used my color spritzer and Basic Black marker to spritz the wings. I cut out pieces from a piece of Concord Crush Designer Paper to create the scales on her under belly and paper pieced those on. Next I added some of green Fine Supernova glitter to her spikes and toenails. I then added one of the medium size Basic Rhinestones for her eye. And last, but not least, I used some Daffodil Delight 3/8" Taffeta ribbon and some Pumpkin Pie 1/8" Taffeta ribbon to create the flames coming out of her mouth. So, what do you think? :)

My husband thought that I should create a diorama for this, so I took a piece of Soft Suede card stock and cut out a couple of big circles and then created some vines out of them. I then took my star punch and punched out a bunch of stars from some So Saffron card stock. I cut all the points off the stars to create little triangles which I used to create thorns on the vines.

And then to top it off, I borrowed my daughters Prince Phillip figure to used him to slay the dragon! Since his sword and shield where nowhere to be found, I made him new ones out of some Basic Grey card stock.

So, that is my project which missed the deadline. :( I have learned my lesson and will pay closer attention to due dates when it comes to things like this! I will still do my best to work towards earning the incentive trip, but I can't do it alone, I need your help! All orders placed through me will help me qualify for the trip. Also, if you are interested in becoming a demonstrator yourself and sign up with me, that will help me as well! If there is anything I can help you with, just let me know!

To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment