Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sewing with Stampin' Up!s New Designer Fabric

Today I want to share with you a project I made using Stampin' Up!s new Designer Fabric. For this project I was inspired by a similar thing I saw at Convention. It is called a pillowcase dress. I went to my local fabric store and found a pattern for this dress. I also bought some pink fabric that coordinated with Stampin' Up!s new Candy Cane Christmas fabric. You want to know that best part? This entire dress (with the exception of the pink fabric) was made entirely with Stampin' Up! products! In addition to using the Candy Cane Christmas fabric around the border of the dress, I also used my Flower Folds Die and Big Shot and cut out the smallest and second smallest flowers on the die. I cut two layers of each and stitched them together. I then added a button from the Candy Cane Big Designer Buttons assortment. I sewed the flower to a safety pin so that I could remove it before I wash the dress to keep it nice. I then added the Satin Ribbon in Pretty in Pink for the straps and I was done! So easy (and cute)!

Next, I created a matching headband to go with the dress. I simply took a plain headband and wrapped some Pretty in Pink Satin ribbon around it (using fabric glue to keep it in place). I then cut out more flowers and added a button to match the dress. I glued the flower to the headband and that's it!

And last but not least, here is my daughter Allison modeling her new dress and headband! On her birthday none the less! :) I made the dress a little big so she can wear it again next year.


To Order Stampin' Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment