Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cards for Tomorrow's Technique Class

Tomorrow is my monthly Stampin' Up! technique class. I thought I would share the cards we are doing this month. This first card uses the new Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. I really love this set. It is very sophisticated. This particular card actually doesn't use any special technique (other than using the stamp-a-ma-jig) but I wanted to demo this set so my gals could all get their hands on it (an hopefully order a set for themselves!).


Ingredients:
  • Fifth Avenue Floral Stamp Set
  • Whisper White, Basic Black, and Kiwi Kiss card stock
  • Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Basic Black ink
  • Dimensionals

For this next card I wanted to use one of the Sale-A-Bration sets. I chose to CASE one of the cards we made at the last Inkerbelle's get together as I wanted to show how the punches coordinate with the Polka Dot Punches set as well as demo using the Crop-O-Dile and rhinestone brads. This card also uses the designer paper and ribbon from the SAB catalog as well.

Ingredients:
  • Polka Dot Punches Stamp Set
  • Thank You Kindly Stamp Set
  • Delicate Dots Designer Series paper
  • Sahara Sand textured card stock
  • Whisper White and So Saffron card stock
  • Sahara Sand, So Saffron, and Certainly Celery ink
  • 5-Petal, Scallop Circle, and 1 1/4"circle punches
  • So Saffron 5/8" grosgrain ribbon
  • Pewter Jumbo Eyelets
  • Circle Fire Brads
  • Crop-O-Dile
  • Dimensionals

This next card demonstrates using the new texture plates for the Big Shot as well as the two step stampin' technique and the build-a-brad.

Ingredients:

  • Bird on a Branch stamp set
  • Garden Green, So Saffron, and Whisper White card stock
  • Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, and Tempting Turquoise Ink
  • Tempting Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Texture Plates & Big Shot
  • Build-a-Brad
  • 1/2" circle punch
  • Dimensionals

I went retro with this next card to demonstrate coloring chipboard with craft ink and glitter.


Ingredients:
  • Cheep Talk stamp set
  • Pacific Point, Summer Sun, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White card stock
  • Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, and Chocolate chip ink
  • Summer Sun Craft Ink
  • Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper
  • On Board So Tweet
  • Fine Supernova Glitter

Well, I hope all my gals enjoy this months cards. I had fun making them!

18 comments:

  1. I am sad I am going to miss it now! Very cute I love the Bird on a branch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I love the retro bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great cards! I love the Manhattan Flower set. Mine will be in Thursday and I have already set time aside to play. Now if only Thrusday could get here quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the retro bird card Jennifer. I like them all but the bird is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so pretty! don't you just love the Manhattan Flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I wish I could come to your class! I really like all of your cards, but I think my favorite is the retro bird...thanks so much for sharing your talent with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful set of cards - they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all super cards. I especially like the one using the Polka Dot Punches set. I have that and love the idea of the stacked layers. Will definitely have to try that. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy!!! BEAUTIFUL JOB!! Love the retro birs the most though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards! My favorite is the bird on a branch! That is such a great set. Great job! If you ever wnat to do a tutorial on using the stamp-a-ma-jig, I'd be iterested!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great cards, love the retro bird.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards...all of them! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards. TFS! I really love the Fifth Avenue set. Here's hoping Australia gets it some time soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are like the SU Queen! You are a great reminder as to why I love SU in the first place. Their stamps are incomparable, and that Fifth Avenue stamp set was one that I fell in love with. This is such a great array of cards! I especially love the first one, the simplicity is sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are very cute. I like the color range you used. Good luck at your class.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards! The are all so pretty. TFS!

    ReplyDelete