Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Workshop

Yesterday I did a workshop for my cousin-in-law Nicole and her friend (they co-hosted it). They requested an Easter card, birthday card using the new Wagon Full of Fun set from the upcoming Occasions Mini Catalog, and a 3D project. I wanted to promote the Occasions Mini pre-order sets as well as the Sale-A-Bration products. So, here is what I had them do:


Ingredients:

  • Eight Great Greetings Stamp Set (Occasions Mini)
  • Delicate Dots Designer Series Paper (SAB)
  • Whisper White and So Saffron Card Stock
  • Basic Black Ink
  • So Saffron 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon (SAB)
  • Watercolor Pencils
  • Blender Pen
  • Stampin' Dimensionals

Ingredients:

  • Wagon Full of Fun Stamp Set (Occasions Mini)
  • Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White Card Stock
  • Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette Ink
  • Creamy Caramel and So Saffron Markers
  • Blender Pen
  • Baja Breeze Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Big Shot and Texture Plates
  • Stampin' Dimensionals

Ingredients:

  • Polka Dot Punches Stamp Set (SAB)
  • Delicate Dots Desinger Series Paper
  • Kraft, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, and Certainly Celery Card Stock
  • Soft Subtles Brads
  • 5 Petal, 1 1/4" Circle, Scallop Circle, and Eyelet Border Punch
  • Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Big Shot and Box #2 Die

This the first part of the hostess gift I put together for each of my hostesses. I used the new Matchbox die for the Big Shot and the Great Friend stamp set that are both coming out in the Occasions Mini catalog.

Ingredients
  • Naturals White Card Stock
  • Delicate Dots Designer Series Paper
  • Basic Grey Ink
  • Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Big Shot and Matchbox Die
Here is a shot of the goodies I put inside. There is a black Stampin' Spot and an incentive stamp. I had to leave the stamp unmounted or else it wouldn't fit in the box.

In addition, I also gave them each one of these. It is a Stampin' Up! Post-It Note pad and Stampin' Up! pen. I stamped the Thank You Sentiment from the Thank You Kindly set in Basic Grey, tied the pens to the pad with some Pretty In Pink Ribbon and cut out the SU! 20 Year medallion with my Big Shot.

Lastly, here is the "Book to Look" I put together. I cut out a bunch of scallop envelopes with my Big Shot and inside I had cards with free products on it ranging from a spool of ribbon to $10 worth of free merchandise. If anyone was interested in booking a workshop of their own, they got to pick an envelope and would get their "prize" when they held their workshop. Unfortunately, I didn't get any takers that night. I did have one gal take a hostess brochure though. But now that I have this all put together I can put it out at all my workshops to entice people to book workshops of their own!
Anyway, we had a great time at the workshop and I met a bunch of nice gals that I hope to see again at future workshops!

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like you did a fab workshop! What a cool bunch of projects and the book to look envies are an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! Can I come to the next one, LOL

    All the projects are great. Your idea to put the hostess stamp and mini pad in the big shot box was awesome.
    Sandy O
    www.papertransformer.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been a day packed with fun making all these terrific projects. I like everyone of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great projects! Your book to look is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute- your workshop should be a great success with all those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very adorable projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet!!! Sounds like alot of fun!! I love the box with the stamp and the stampin up spot, tooo sweet :)

    Great job on all the goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What adorable projects, they all look so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling workshop ideas bet your ladies just loved them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just received my new stampin up exclusive dies, now I must have the scalloped envelope (oh my) I love what you did with the match box! All of your projects are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, our workshop made it to your page! How fun. Thanks again for all the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great workshop!!! I love it! Your hostess' and their guests are so lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful set of projects! I think the bunny card is my favorite - I really need to start thinking about Easter.

    ReplyDelete