Friday, February 6, 2009

Another Scrapbook - Allison's Baby Book

First I would like to say thank you for all the great comments on Chris' scrapbook. I will post more pages on this next week. Posting this reminded me of other ongoing scrapbook I have. When I was pregnant with Allison, I decided that I didn't really need to have a traditional baby shower since I was having another girl and kept everything (clothes, baby gear) from my first daughter Aimee. So instead I had a scrapbooking baby shower. My BFF Merrigrace and mom threw it for me. They bought one of the Rock-a-Bye Girl Simply Scrappin' kits one of the 12x12 linen albums, and an extra pack of Whisper White cardstock from Stampin' Up!. Then I pulled out all of my inks, punches, baby stamps, ribbon, etc. and had my friends and family over to create a baby scrapbook for me! Here are some shots from the shower:

Everybody hard at work.

Even Aimee did a page.

More hard work.


The end result.

So, at the end of it all, I have a beautiful scrapbook made with love and all I have to do is add the pictures! How great is that? There is a page for every month as well as a page for the birth and a page to commemorate the shower itself. So today I will share with you everything up to 2 months, since I haven't yet printed out Allison's 3rd and 4th month pictures. (I hope to do that this weekend so I will hopefully be able to post those next week.)

Here is the cover of the album. I ended up embellishing this after the fact. I used the 1 1/4" Pink Pirouette Grosgrain Ribbon, the A from the On Board Simon Upper chipboard (retired), and a chipboard pink heart from American Crafts that I had in my stash. I covered the A with Whisper white craft ink and then sprinkled on some dazzing diamonds.

This is the first page in the album. This page was made by Merrigrace and commemorates the shower. She had the ingenious idea to take everyone's thumb print and make a flower out of it. Aimee's little print is in the middle. She hand drew a stem, which is kind of hard to see in the photo.

This next page is for Allison's birth. Don't I look glamorous? Ladies, this is what you look like after being in labor for 23 hours and then delivering a 9 lb. 11 oz baby! This page was made by my friend and neighbor Diane. I journaled all the vitals on the sticker on the right.

Next we have Allison's one month photo. This page was made by my mom. The feet prints are from the retired Stampin' Up! set "I'm Here".

And lastly, here is the 2 month page. This page was made by my sister Kelly.

I have to say, the Simply Scrappin' kits are awesome. We made this whole book and I still have a bunch of pieces left over that I can use to create more pages. Stay tuned, because next week I will hopefully have the 3rd and 4th month completed pages to share with you.

19 comments:

  1. What an awesome scrapbook, and a beautiful idea for a shower. I do have to admit that the adorable little baby caught my eye. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the baby shower. The book is fabulous and your daughter is adorable! Those simply scrapin'sets are so diversified. Besides scrapbooking, you can make cards from the items as well. Great way to finish off the shower with thank you notes to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the simply scrapping kits are rather yummy arnt they ?
    You look like you had a fab time and what alovely album you have now . Awesome idea too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a FANTASTIC idea...I have 5 kids and never had a shower..my last baby I had one booked and then went in for a checkup and stayed in hospital for a month until she was born..missed out again :0( lol

    great memento :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique idea for a shower!! Love your cute album.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, that is sooooo sweet, great job on the pages hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous book! And a beautiful baby, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty book! The baby is so cute!!! Seemed like such a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love these pages! Your baby is SO cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a BRILLIANT idea - you must have had SO much fun and how lovely that everyone helped make a beautiful gift for you.

    I have to say I am also really impressed with your SU stamp storage box - did you make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennifer this is a fabulous idea! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. My favourite kind of hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a wonderful idea. And the scrapbook turn out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute idea! I love that thumb flower, so adorable! I might have to steal this idea from you since I'm having another boy in June and saved EVERYTHING from my first son who was also born in June. This would be such a wonderful head start on the baby book as I'm only on month 5 of my FIRST son's book right now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great idea! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jennifer, I love your album. congrats on the birth of your precious baby girl. I have four daughters, and I know what a blessing it is. Enjoy her!! Beautiful work, so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete