Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chris' Scrapbook

Today I would like to start sharing with you an ongoing project I have. For those that don't know, in addition to his normal 9 to 5 job, my husband is also a freelance sports photographer. (If you are interested, here is a link to his web site). He started up this business a couple of years ago and has been getting published more and more. Yesterday he was at Barnes and Noble picking up a magazine that he knew he had just got a picture published in and picked up another magazine and started flipping through it. Turns out he found 4 of his pictures in that magazine! When he got his first couple of photos published I decided to start him a scrapbook where I would have the actual photograph that he took alongside the published work (baseball card, magazine clipping, etc.). At the time he only had four baseball cards, so I scrapped those and put them in an album and gave them to him for Christmas that year. Since then I have been adding to it as he gets more stuff. So since he got a boatload yesterday (which now makes me way behind on getting all the new stuff scrapped) I thought I should share the pages I have done here. Posting something every week. So, here is what I have for you today:


This page is for the first baseball card he got with one of his photo's on it. On the page, I have the photo that he took and a copy of 2 different baseball cards that were made from it. There were other versions of the card produced (different colors, etc), but the same layout, so I don't have copies of each. In the photo log at the bottom I have journaled the name of the player, where the picture was taken, which game it was taken at, and the date. The photo log stamp is from a retired Stampin' Up! set called Trading Collection. I just attached the cards with photo corners because he would kill me if I damaged the cards by putting adhesive on them! In this album I have been keeping the pages pretty simple. I figure for this type of book, fancy embellishments wouldn't be appropriate (or appreciated by my husband!). So these pages are definitely guy focused.

Thanks for looking! I will post another page next week. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

  1. congrats to your hubby, and gone on you for scrapping it for him , tfs :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, how incredibly cool that your hubby does sports photography! I looked at his website. Fabulous photos! Really. We love baseball in our house and were awed by the great shots.

    I think it's wonderful that you are scrapping his printed work. Good job and can't wait to see the rest of the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool .... artwork

    check out my blog

    www.climate101withjason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your husband. I bet he appreciates your doing this page for him. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a superl gift for your husband and a spectacular way to save these wonderful memories for future generations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, how cool is that? He does such great work - as a sports mom, I appreciate how much effort goes into photography on the field. The pictures can capture a whole game in one shot, I love this one that you featured in your layout. What a dynamic duo you both make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband does wonderful shots. And what a wonderful wife you are :) for preserving his work in such a beautful way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! My son would be so jealous!

    ReplyDelete